Is it Time to Remodel your Kitchen?
Is there a right time to remodel your kitchen? We think there are two distinct answers to that question.
#1: Anytime can be the right time to remodel your kitchen if you’re seeking a new look.
Maybe you’re just tired of the “country kitchen” or “ode to white” you were so fond of years ago when you did your last remodel. You might be surprised at the major difference new cabinetry – especially European cabinetry – can make to the look and feel of your kitchen, even if you do nothing else.
#2: It’s time to remodel your kitchen if it just doesn’t work for you anymore.
Maybe you’ve run out of storage space, the traffic flow causes problems, your old appliances are inefficient, universal design elements aren’t employed, or the needs of your kids aren’t taken into account. Updating your cabinets is a great place to start, since they are the foundation for a revamped kitchen that better suits your needs.
Ask yourself the following questions:
- Are you happy with the amount of counter space, cabinet space and floor space in your kitchen?
- Are you bumping into people as you cook in the main workspace?
- Do you wish your kitchen opened into other rooms to allow for more social interaction?
- Does your kitchen contain hazards for children, such as sharp-edged counters?
- Are you wasting money by using old appliances that aren’t energy-efficient?
- Will you be able to safely use your kitchen as you get older?
- Do you wish your kitchen opened up to a deck to facilitate easy outdoor entertaining?
- Do you wish your kitchen’s windows could be repositioned to allow more or less natural light or a better view of the backyard?
In some cases, a “no” answer means you should think about a kitchen remodel, while in others, answering “yes” should trigger that same thought. Still on the fence? Maybe this will help: